What's for Dinner?

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cheap, easy and nutricious food for kids!

As a single mother for years, I had to feed my kids on a tight budget. I had my kids before child support was a percentage of the other parent's salary. I got what we agreed to which was $275 a month for 3 kids and I didn't get that as often as I should have.

But, I always kept those kids well fed. I learned to cook many dishes that the kids liked and that were good for them. As a working mother, I also had to cook easy, quick dinners as well as nutritious dinners. These recipes fit the bill just fine.

All but the pickiest of children will like these recipes. If you have any economical recipes that are easy to prepare and tasty for the kids as well as nutritious, please feel free to post them in the comments below this post.

Easy Tuna Casserole

1- box of macaroni and cheese (prepared)
3/4- can of peas
1- 6 ounce can of tuna fish (drained of water or oil and then flaked with a fork)

Prepare the macaroni and cheese as directed on the box. Then, stir in the tuna and the peas. Mix well in the serving pan or bowl and serve just like that!

You could also sprinkle a bit of cheese on top of the casserole, or even some crushed potato chips. If your kids like tomatoes, dice a few and throw them in. You can personalize this easy dish for your family. It won't take anymore than a half an hour to make and the kids will love it!

I have to go to a meeting for work right now but later on, I'll add a couple of other quick kids recipes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter
Web Counter Blog Directory & Search engine